Coronavirus (COVID-19) needs no introduction as the whole world is awash with facts and misinformation about it. The purpose of this article is not to reiterate these facts but to reassure our existing and potential clients that we take their health and safety very seriously and have put in place measures to minimize the risks of its occurrence within the facilities we clean.
With the increasing number of confirmed Covid-19 (coronavirus) cases in Nigeria, it is imperative for hygiene practices to be taken several notches higher.
Firstly, we want to acknowledge and applaud the measures some of our clients have already taken of installing hand sanitizer dispensers and restricting the number of staff that are physically present at the workplace; thereby, necessitating a reduction in the number of cleaning technicians required in these places.
As your cleaning service provider with an understanding that cleaning and disinfection are vital for infection prevention and curbing the outbreak of coronavirus, we have rolled out the following measures:
- We have changed our disinfectant to one that is on the EPA approved list of disinfectants for use against SARS-CoV-2
- Our janitorial staff have been instructed to disinfect/sanitize high-touch surfaces such as door handles/knobs, light switches, toilet flushes & seats, kitchen and bathroom countertops, hand rails, handles of refrigerators & microwaves and taps/faucets every 30 minutes. To avoid distractions from our team, your staff should be encouraged to frequently wipe the surfaces of their personal work station (including telephones) using disinfecting wipes.
- High traffic areas will be cleaned more frequently
- Procedures for preventing cross-contamination during cleaning will be strictly adhered to
- Our team is encouraged to practice social distancing
- We have provided hygiene and social distancing guidance to our on-site team members and will continue to send frequent reminders on the following and more:
- Proper and frequent hand-washing (Here’s how to)
- Avoid hugging, handshakes and other forms of physical contact
- Cough or sneeze into a disposable napkin or into your elbow
- Avoid touching your face
- Maintain a distance of at least 6 feet from others
A dirty environment is a sure breeding ground for all manner of diseases and infections. We encourage everyone to carry out a deep cleaning of their homes and workplaces. You need not do this yourself; Blossom Crest has the expertise to deep clean for you at affordable prices.
Below are links where you can get verified facts about coronavirus.
World Health Organization 2020, Q&A on coronaviruses (COVID-19), accessed 20th March, 2020 <https://www.who.int/news-room/q-a-detail/q-a-coronaviruses>
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention 2020, Environmental Cleaning and Disinfection Recommendations, accessed 20th March, 2020 <https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/community/organizations/cleaning-disinfection.html>
World Health Organization 2020, Coronavirus Disease (Covid-19) Advice for the Public, accessed 20th March, 2020 <https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/advice-for-public>